Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast as a Category 4 storm on Friday, August 25. Damage from the storm and subsequent flooding is widespread. It will take months, and in some areas years, to restore Houston to its former state.
Many of you have asked, “What can I do to help?”
There are three ways you can help.
- Pray for the people who have had to evacuate their homes, especially those with nowhere to go. Pray for those unable to evacuate, who are stranded in their homes. Ask for the Lord’s provision for these people.
- Pray for the first responders, National Guard, disaster relief volunteers and all others working to rescue those who are stranded, restore power to those without it, render aid to the injured and prevent as much damage as possible. Ask for safety and endurance for these men and women.
- Pray for the grieving, those who have lost loved ones or suffered injuries, and those who have lost their homes. Ask the Lord to be their comfort and strength through the upcoming days, weeks and months.
- Donate to Church Unlimited. (This amazing church is located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Pastor Tony knows the pastor there and highly recommends supporting their efforts to help those in need.)
- Donate to Hurricane Harvey Relief through Samaritan’s Purse.